SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a core component of any successful digital business strategy. It’s also an area that’s undergone a dramatic change in the past 12 months. Now (more than ever), it’s important for digital marketers to adapt to an ever-changing search landscape to even remain competitive in the SEO space, let alone dominate it. At Bonfire, we’re not just another “Sydney SEO agency” – we’re an in-house team of SEO experts that have been breaking and rebuilding the way we work for over 20 years, to not only hold ourselves to global standards but to define them.
Our obsession with (your) data.
We have developed a refined and data-driven methodology to organic search marketing that consistently outperforms the industry benchmark. We’re focused on you – your data, your business and ultimately, your return on investment. We believe that SEO results should impact your bottom line, not just show inflated numbers on a screen.
Backed by Google as a Premier Partner, the highest accreditation in the Google Partners program, Bonfire delivers effective and ethical SEO services to businesses in Sydney & Australia wide. There is no better SEO company to trust with your digital marketing spend.
SEO Strategy with pinpoint execution.
Strategy and execution are fundamental to Bonfire’s award-winning approach to SEO. Personalised to your business, it not only grows your organic Google footprint but also helps to develop your real-world business by integrating with your overall marketing plan.
Our team spend time getting to know your business, your goals, your competitors and your customers to understand what is valuable to your business. All this happens even before you have engaged our SEO services through our dedicated research team.
Once we have aligned our focus, we agree on success metrics for your campaign. Then our technical teams work to bring your bespoke SEO strategy to life. Coupled with our proprietary mix of analytics and optimisation tools, your business will have one of Australia’s most experienced SEO teams working to improve your rankings, traffic and ultimately your bottom line.
LA Fit Studio
LA Fit Studio owners, Jaye and Claire, know a thing or two about transformation. After they introduced Lagree Fitness to WA, they engaged with our team at Bonfire.
Video Case Study
Watch our LA Fit Studio case study.
Increase in website conversions, year on year.
Organic traffic growth, year on year.
Keywords featured on Page 1 of Google.
Family owned and run, Swoodi is an eCommerce store that specialises in the sale of multi-use hooded towels for kids Australia-wide. The brand’s collection features fun and colourful prints designed for kids on the go.
Increase in sale revenue.
Increase in website, year on year.
Increase in total orders, year on year.
InterContinental Perth City Centre
In the lead up to their newest hotel opening, the InterContinental Perth City Centre have decided to get a head-start on their digital marketing strategy, and have chosen our team to lead the way.
Increase hotel bookings and room reservations online.
Attract both national and international business travelers.
Promote the use of their corporate and bespoke event spaces.
Owners Ray and Leslie have provided residential, commercial and automotive locksmith services to Perth’s metropolitan region for over 25 years. To maintain their position as an industry leader, A1 Locksmiths partnered with Bonfire in 2016.
Video Case Study
Watch our A1 Locksmiths case study.
Increase in website conversions
Keywords appearing in the first three positions on Page 1 of Google.
Number of first-time website visitors.
The Cake Factory
Australian owned and operated, The Cake Factory bake and sell delicious cakes, cheesecakes, cookies and more. To grow their business, they partnered with Bonfire to improve their brand footprint online and grow sales.
Search traffic is organic.
Keywords ranking on Page 1 of Google.
Tagged calls have included the tag "Order".
What we do is not our best practice, it simply is the best practice. At Bonfire, we set realistic client expectations upfront and our approach to organic search marketing delivers sustainable and desirable growth. Working together, we help our clients dominate SEO.
Frequently Asked Questions
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is the process of improving the ranking of your business in Google’s organic results. The end goal of SEO is to deliver more visitors to your website with the goal of converting these visitors into leads or customers.
At Bonfire, we take a data-driven approach to SEO. We offer full transparency with our campaigns which we believe sets the benchmark for Sydney SEO agencies and Australia wide.
Unfortunately, there are several SEO companies out there who don’t play fair, often using ‘black hat’ techniques in an attempt to manipulate search engines in the short term. Be wary of an SEO agency that promises fast results or a dubious ‘guarantee’ as they can often do more harm than good.
To avoid getting locked into a contract with one of ‘these’ SEO agencies, Google has provided an agenda to follow when interviewing and selecting an SEO provider. These are the steps Google recommends brands take when choosing an SEO company:
- Conduct a two-way interview – ask relevant questions to ensure they’re sincerely interested in you and the success of your business.
- Check their references – check their case studies, testimonials and references. If they’re unable to provide these, it may be a warning sign.
- Request an audit – a good agency does their homework. Ask them to complete an audit, identifying any potential website issues and how they suggest to improve them, as well as what impact these changes are estimated to have on your digital campaign.
- Decide if you want to hire– discuss with other decision makers within your business whether they think this agency is a good choice. Before deciding on an SEO agency, make sure all internal stakeholders are on board.
In addition to the hiring process recommendations, here are a few SEO tips as well as common misconceptions.
- “SEO is not black magic” –SEO isn’t magic and it won’t work overnight. If an agency is promising instant rankings, avoid them, as they’re likely to be practicing bad SEO – this could cause irreversible long term damage to your domain and could greatly affect your digital standing with Google.
- SEO suggestions should align with google best practices – ask the agency to corroborate their strategy recommendations with supporting documents from Google e.g. an article from their help centre, a Googler response in their forum or a video.
- Good SEO aims to improve the searchers’ entire experience – recommended changes should aim to not only create a search friendly site, but also a user-friendly site.
- Quality SEOs will be genuinely invested in your business –they will be interested in learning about your business from a holistic stand point and genuinely care about your business goals, customers and other existing marketing efforts.
- Good SEO takes time – allow 4 months to a year before you expect to start seeing real search results from strategy implementation. There are a lot of components in a good SEO strategy, and unfortunately no magic tricks to make them work faster.
An SEO’s potential is only as high as the quality of your business or website – investing in a user-friendly website will significantly help every SEO strategy implemented. You can’t build a home without a solid foundation
In Sydney, SEO costs are generally influenced by two factors; expertise of the agency or people completing the SEO work and the amount of time spent on your campaign.
While cost is obviously important, the end goal of SEO should be to generate a positive return for your business. The danger of focusing on price to make your decision, is that you often end up at the bottom end of the market, with someone who is inexperienced or outsources a lot of their work overseas.
We’ve seen countless examples of ‘cheap’ SEO campaigns and the long-term cost to business owners can be huge. Manual and algorithmic penalties can often take months of work to remove and the lost time and revenue during this period ends up being more than the cost of choosing an experienced agency in the first place.
At Bonfire, our focus for your SEO campaign is return on investment. Our SEO experts have over 20 years of experience and thousands of campaigns under their belt, generating a real-world impact on the bottom line of businesses across a wide range of industries. We encourage you to read reviews, do your research and make an informed decision before investing in any digital marketing services.
SEO is a mid-to-long term strategy designed to assist in generating higher Google search rankings. The key is consistency and quality, maintaining natural growth over a number of months to secure the long term success of your business.
A secondary consideration is also the industry you’re in and how competitive it is. Whilst in some unique cases immediate rankings are possible, most clients can expect positive movement in rankings for select keywords after the 4th month. The real results across all selected keywords in your campaign start taking shape after month 4 to 12.
Bonfire have been proven to consistently deliver, driving a positive ROI on search results over the mid-to-long term.